[Live-devel] Can test on demand server be implemented to handle multiple clients

Ross Finlayson finlayson at live555.com
Fri May 18 11:16:30 PDT 2012

> Thats obvious sir if we duplicate the code block and write source of different test mpeg2 streamer.
> Can the test on demand server file be act as following:-
> the server should always be in listening mode and
> every time when i run the  test mpeg2 streamer the server creates a thread(thread containing the code of  A MPEG-2 Transport Stream, coming from a live UDP (raw-UDP or RTP/UDP) source:)  and thread binds to a particular a particular test mpeg 2 streamer...??

What is your problem??  You've been told to read the FAQ, so you (should) know that LIVE555-based applications use an event loop, not multiple threads, for concurrency.  If you write your server the way that I told you - by duplicating the code block for reading from a particular multicast address+port - then the server will be able to handle multiple incoming streams concurrently.  You don't need threads to do this.

This is the 'last straw'.  You've been posting a ridiculous number of messages to the mailing list, despite the fact (as you show by your email address) that you're just a casual hobbyist.  No more.  You have now been removed from the mailing list, and banned from resubscribing.