[Live-devel] codecs supported

Ross Finlayson finlayson at live555.com
Sun May 20 10:52:51 PDT 2012

> Now, I understand that there is no documentary about the live555
> streamer (from the faq page), But Is there somewhere a complete list
> of all supported codecs

To see the 'complete list' of supported codecs, list the files in the "liveMedia" directory.  Files named "*RTPSource" implement the reception of RTP packets that use the named codec.  Files named "*RTPSink" implement the transmission of RTP packets that use the named codec.  (For most codecs, we implement both reception and transmission over RTP.)

> (MPEG-2 was not part of the list of codecs from below).

Oh for heavens sake, we said "MPEG", which meant "MPEG-1", "MPEG-2", and "MPEG-4".