[Live-devel] Streaming over Wifi with no receiver

Ashfaque ashfaque at iwavesystems.com
Mon May 21 01:19:27 PDT 2012

Hi Ross,

I am facing a strange issue when streaming the frames over Wifi interface, when there is no receiver to receive the frames. I am guessing like frames are being queued up in the network buffer and causing the wifi module to collapse.

As indicated by below prints:
NETDEV WATCHDOG: uap0 (wlan_sdio): transmit queue 0 timed out

Please provide answers to the following questions:
1. When streaming is started without receiver being connected whether frames will get queued up in the lower network layers of Live555? If yes, how to avoid that?
If sending rate is more than receiving rate, can this also cause the same problem?
2. Can we enable streaming only if receiver is available? Will this solve the problem? How to do this?
3. If server disconnected, how receiver will come to know the status? Any event or mechanism available?

Thanks & Regards,
Ashfaque