[Live-devel] Speex decoding

Ross Finlayson finlayson at live555.com
Thu May 24 16:46:52 PDT 2012

Mark,

It's important to understand that our software does not do any audio/video decoding (or encoding).  Therefore, if a 3rd-party media player application - like "MPlayer" - has problems decoding a RTSP/RTP media stream, but you know that you can receive this stream OK (by testing it using "testRTSPClient" or "openRTSP"), then that's not something that we can help you with; you'll need to contact the developers of that media player (in this case "MPlayer") for advice.

However, I suggest that you also try another 3rd-party media player application: VLC, <http://www.videolan.org/vlc>.  It is often more reliable than "MPlayer".