[Live-devel] 4 bytes loss during transmission

Ross Finlayson finlayson at live555.com
Sat May 26 02:48:37 PDT 2012

> I'm using slightly modified live555MediaServer to deliver h264 stream to the client. It looks like 4 bytes constantly missed and I-frames is mostly not delivered:

If your input source is delivering discrete NAL units (i.e., one at a time), then note that you must feed them into a "H264VideoStreamDiscreteFramer", and must deliver them *without* any preceding MPEG start code - i.e., *without* any preceding 0x00 0x00 0x00 0x01 bytes.  (If your input NAL units contain these bytes at the start, then be sure to set 'fFrameSize" to take account of the fact that you're not delivering those 4 bytes).