[Live-devel] OnDemandLiveStream-Server for h264 media

Christian Brümmer itf-freak at gmx.de
Sat May 26 06:12:19 PDT 2012

Am 26.05.2012 08:34, schrieb Ross Finlayson:
> At least part of the problem here is that you are trying to feed a
> "imLiveStreamSource" (your new data source class) directly into a
> "H264VideoRTPSink".  You can't do this.  "H264VideoRTPSink" objects
> must be fed from a "H264VideoStreamFramer" (or a
> "H264VideoStreamDiscreteFramer").
>
> Because your data source object is (I presume) delivering H.264 NAL
> units, your "createNewStreamSource()" function must return
> a "H264VideoStreamDiscreteFramer".  So instead of doing
> return imLiveStreamSource::createNew(envir(), param);
> you should do
> FramedSource* h264NALSource = imLiveStreamSource::createNew(envir(),
> param);
> return H264VideoStreamDiscreteFramer::createNew(envir(), h264NALSource);
>
> Note also that your "imLiveStreamSource" object must deliver NAL
> units, one at a time, *without* any preceding MPEG start code - i.e.,
> *without* any preceding 0x00 0x00 0x00 0x01 bytes.
>

> Ross Finlayson
> Live Networks, Inc.
> http://www.live555.com/

Its working! My fautl.. windows firewall cancled network connection so that was the problem.
  VLC plays the video but the video Stucks from time to time (looks like it misses some frames). i encode the frame in the same thread when doGetNextFrame is called - is it recommended encoding the video in another thread?

I noticed that the imLiveStreamSource constructor is called two times, and after the first time the destructor is called instantly. dont think that is a right behavior!?!

im happy anyway for my first results :)! thanks so much! =]