[Live-devel] OnDemandLiveStream-Server for h264 media

Ross Finlayson finlayson at live555.com
Sat May 26 07:13:05 PDT 2012

> is it recommended encoding the video in another thread?
It's probably a good idea, especially if you have a multi-core CPU.  Of course, this separate, encoding thread shouldn't call any LIVE555 code, except for "triggerEvent()".

> I noticed that the imLiveStreamSource constructor is called two times, and after the first time the destructor is called instantly. dont think that is a right behavior!?!
Actually it is the correct behavior for media - like H.264 and MPEG-4 video - that require that the server parse the data for 'configuration' information before it can be streamed.  The first construction (and later destruction) is used, by the server, to read just enough input data to get this configuration information.  So in this respect, at least, your server is working correctly.