[Live-devel] How to specify Range in RTSPClient that are not using npt

Ross Finlayson finlayson at live555.com
Wed May 30 07:02:33 PDT 2012

> Perhaps Don Quixote wrote RFC 2326 chapter 12.19…

I think you mean chapter 12.29.  (But anyway...)

> More seriously we need to seek in absolute mode because we would like to query video according to the time we recorded it (and not a relative time relative to begin of RTSP session).

This is the first time I've ever heard of someone doing this (or even wanting to do this).  Because it's allowed for (but optional) in the RTSP specification, it would be nice if we (at the client and server end) supported this.  But because it's so rarely used, it's not going to be a high-priority feature, unfortunately.