[Live-devel] about SDP

Ross Finlayson finlayson at live555.com
Wed Nov 21 15:31:05 PST 2012

>        Hi,I'm using live555 as a server of realtime H264 data.  I just write a "FramedSource" subclass ,then use H264VideoStreamDiscreteFramer as the FramedSource.   Now, useing VLC as client  is ok(also our own client), but I have some problems.
>
>       1. To contrast the SDP information with others, my SDP info have no "a=fmtp:xx packetization-mode=1 profile-level-id=xx  sprop-parameter-sets=xx,xx".

The problem here is probably that your input H.264 stream does not contain any SPS and PPS NAL units - at least not anywhere near the start of the stream.  These NAL units are important, because information from them is needed to construct the "a=fmtp:..." line.

So, you need to make sure that your stream contains SPS and PPS NAL units.  E.g., you could put them at the start of the input stream that you feed to "H264VideoStreamDiscreteFramer".

Alternatively, you could use (in your "createNewRTPSink" implementation) one of the alternative forms of "H264VideoRTPSink::createNew()" that takes the SPS and PPS NAL units as parameters.  See "liveMedia/include/H264VideoRTPSink.hh".