[Live-devel] Incomplete decoded image data

Tim Cannell tim at eworker.co.uk
Fri Nov 30 08:00:19 PST 2012

I am using live555 source code (analyze_seq_parameter_set_data()
and analyze_vui_parameters() ) to parse the sps from streamed h264
video from an ip camera, and then decoding the video using CUDA 4.2
and separately also using ffmpeg.

Similar still images from the resulting decoder outputs are attached.
Everything works fine except for some missing information/corruption
at the bottom of the picture which seems to manifest itself
differently between the two decoders.

The ip camera feed is handled perfectly by VLC so despite my best
attempts to ensure that their are no buffer overruns or truncations
the conclusion I draw is that ther is an error in my live555 borrowed
code.

Apologoes for the vague nature of this post but I am hoping that
someone might identify an obvious problem from the attached images.

Many thanks

--
Tim