[Live-devel] Is it possible to override the RTP port chosen by the server?

Ross Finlayson finlayson at live555.com
Fri Oct 12 10:31:33 PDT 2012

>     Some Samsung cameras (SNB-5000, SND-5080, SNO-5080) choose the RTP destination port; kindly, the Live555 RTSPClient respect this request.
>     Instead Samsung, unkindly, doens't let us disable this feature or set the desired port up via the camera's configuration web page; so sometimes two or more cameras (and all after power on) choose the same port: so some streams starve and other ones receive frames coming from two or more cameras.
>
>     Could you please tell me if and where subclassing in order to make Live555 refuse the port chosen by the camera and answer with a port chosen by the OS (hoping the camera will accept the change

FYI, I had to undo the change to the code that I made (back in version 2012.06.12) to ignore server-specified SDP port numbers (for unicast streams), because it was breaking our SIP client.

Now, if you want the code to ignore SDP-specified port numbers, you can do so by adding
	-DIGNORE_UNICAST_SDP_PORTS=1
to the compile line (when compiling "liveMedia/MediaSession.cpp").

(Even better, though, would be to get Samsung to upgrade their cameras' firmware to allow their port number(s) to be configured by the user.)