[Live-devel] rtsp server for live audio

reply2010 reply2010 at yeah.net
Thu Oct 25 05:54:31 PDT 2012

Hi,respectable live555 experts
I have two questions:
1,Could live555's rtsp server or other application in live555 stream for live audio such as PC microphone device?I want to stream live audio by my PC's microphone.the type of audio stream could be amr or aac or g711 etc.
2,openRTSP say as below
Extracting a single stream (to 'stdout')
To record only the audio stream from a session, use the "-a" command-line option. (Similarly, to record only the video stream, use the "-v" option.) In this case, the output audio (or video) stream will be written to 'stdout', rather than to a file.

I want to know what is 'stdout' here.
a file or a pipeline or device?
thanks a lot
any reply would be appreciated!