[Live-devel] windows, live555, tcp transport

ЗвягинцевАнтон zvyagintsev at atlantis.ru
Wed Sep 5 01:33:14 PDT 2012

Ross Finlayson <finlayson at ...> writes:

> I am working on rtsp client software. Everything works fine until the
transport on the server side was changed to tcp. I got the 461 error in
“after-setup” handler. Ok, this is the easiest part – I just make some
modification to code and handle this case (another try to setup session is done
with the call to sendSetupCommand() and streamUsingTcp set to “true”, hope this
is enough?).
> I think you are misunderstanding what is happening here.
>
> When you (the client) request RTP-over-TCP streaming (by adding the "-t"
option to "openRTSP"), the server decides whether or not it wants to support
this.  Because it returns a 461 error (meaning "Unsupported Transport"), this
suggests that the server *does not* support RTP-over-TCP streaming.  You cannot
'fix' this, and you should not modify the existing client code; the existing
code is working OK.  (Note also that if you modify the supplied code, you cannot
expect any support on this mailing list.)

> Because this server apparently does not support RTP-over-TCP streaming, the
"-t" option to "openRTSP" will not work, and you should not use it.  (If you
don't receive any data when you don't use "-t", then that probably means that
you are behind a firewall that is blocking UDP packets.  If so, you will need to
fix (or remove) your firewall.)

> Ross FinlaysonLive Networks, Inc.http://www.live555.com/

I guess we missunderstood each other.
I understand the difference between client and server side.

Let me clarify things a little.

My software (based on Live555) works pefectly with udp transport under the hood.

Sure when i tried to use my client on the server with _only_ tcp transport
available i get 461 error. I checked the samples source code and found the only
change i need to do in my source code is to switch the streamUsingTcp flag to
true in sendSetupCommand(). Ok, now my client connected, but i dont see any data
coming. Live555 thread take 100% of cpu.

Next i tried openrtsp with -t on same server (again - it support tcp transport)
and got same result - no incoming data and no errors with cpu load high.

But vlc player work perfectly on that rtsp source.