[Live-devel] testMPEG2TransportReceiver source code

Ross Finlayson finlayson at live555.com
Mon Sep 10 22:03:20 PDT 2012

> I figured out for my requirement I need to use the MPEG2TransportStreamFramer.cpp is that correct..?

No.

> I will rephrase my requirement
>
> 1.       I have IP Camera
> 2.       I will the rtsp client to connect to it.
> 3.       I start getting the frames (raw MPEG/H264) from the camera
> 4.       I want construct a small chunks 1sec/2sec clips in .ts format.
>
> Please let me know how can I do this?

You want to feed your RTSP client's output (i.e., a sequence of video frames) into a "MPEG2TransportStreamFromESSource" object, and then feed this into a "FileSink" object.

I suggest using the "testRTSPClient" code ("testProgs/testRTSPClient.cpp") as a model.

At line 272, use a "FileSink" instead of a "DummySink".

Before line 282, create a "MPEG2TransportStreamFromESSource" object, and then call "addNewVideoSource()", taking "scs.subsession->readSource()" as the "inputSource" parameter.  Then call "scs.subsession->sink->startPlaying(") on your "MPEG2TransportStreamFromESSource" object (instead of on "scs.subsession->readSource()" as the code currently does).