[Live-devel] [patch] make live555 playback h.264 RTSP streams from Foscam IP cameras

Ross Finlayson finlayson at live555.com
Thu Sep 13 16:34:25 PDT 2012

> 1. On an OPTIONS request, the server returns HTTP 501 (Unimplemented)
> but omits the Cseq.  Liblivemedia erroneously matched this to the POST
> request rather than the OPTIONS request.  To fix this, don't enqueue
> POST requests in fRequestsAwaitingResponse.

Thanks.  I've just installed a new version (2012.09.13) of the "LIVE555 Streaming Media" software that includes this fix.

> 2.  The server returns packets bigger than 10,000 bytes.  Bump the
> constant to 20,000 and also log a diagnostic when it's exceeded.

OK, thanks (though I moved the diagnostic error message to "MultiFramedRTPSource.cpp" and "RTCP.cpp", because those use different 'input buffer size' constants).

FYI, you don't need to use VLC to test "RTSP-over-HTTP".  Our "openRTSP" demo application <http://www.live555.com/openRTSP/> can also be used for this.  (Note the "-T <http-port-number>" option.)