[Live-devel] H264VideoStreamFramer

Jeff Shanab jshanab at smartwire.com
Sat Sep 15 14:56:16 PDT 2012

>>Yes it's playable with vlc (and ffplay as mentioned), doesn't make it
>>any less un-playable with PS3 and mplayer though.

  When I first got started with video I use VLC as my gauge that things were working correctly. I learned over time tha VLC does an absolutely remarkable job of playing video even when it is missing or has broken headers, It will play a raw file if it at least has the frame markers.
  I now use it when I want to know if there is something salvageable and to see video most other players cannot, but I have learned to try many players to help support my assertion that I am streaming something correct. :-)