[Live-devel] live555ProxyServer freezes after upgrading from 2012.12.24

Ross Finlayson finlayson at live555.com
Thu Apr 4 00:46:39 PDT 2013

> Hi, sorry, it's a dynamic IP and there was a power cut:
>
> rtsp://86.146.238.165/media/video1

OK, I've tested this now.

You're correct that your camera server appears to crash (closing down the TCP connection) and reboot whenever it receives the proxy's "GET_PARAMETER" command.  I.e., the camera appears to have a bug.  (Note that camera response to the proxy's earlier "OPTIONS" command told us that it supported the "GET_PARAMETER" command; nonetheless, it appears to crash whenever we send it such a command.)

Because the camera is buggy, you should check to see if it has a firmware upgrade available.  If it doesn't, then please contact Sony, informing them of the bug.