[Live-devel] live555ProxyServer freezes after upgrading from 2012.12.24

Roman Gaufman hackeron at gmail.com
Thu Apr 4 01:33:36 PDT 2013

Thanks for your fast reply.

Unfortunately it appears to happen on all branded cameras I have to test:
ACTi, Sony, Axis, D-Link, Vivotek and Lilin. I updated the firmware on this
specific Sony camera to the latest last week.

It appears to be a very typical response to kill the connection when
receiving a GET_PARAMETER during a playing stream on all major IP cameras -
which as I understand is against the standard :(

Can some kind of workaround be added? - what are the benefits of sending
a GET_PARAMETER during a playing stream?

I am right now using the 2012.12.24 version of live555 because anything
newer will not proxy most branded IP camera on the market :(