[Live-devel] (no subject)

Ross Finlayson finlayson at live555.com
Thu Apr 4 08:22:24 PDT 2013

On Apr 4, 2013, at 5:44 AM, Shrishty Deorari <shrishty.deorari at vvdntech.com> wrote:

> what i did exacty in my main file is :                           ..........
>                                                                              RTPSink* audioSink;
>                                                                              Groupsock rtcpGroupsock(*env, destinationAddress, rtcpPort, ttl);
>                                                                              rtcpGroupsock.multicastSendOnly(); // we're a SSM source
>
>                                                                           audioSink = MPEG4GenericRTPSink::createNew(*env, &rtpGroupsock, 96);
> so should i not use MPEG4GenericRTPSink directly here.
> the error which is coming during Make is:
>

> testAACAudioStreamer.cpp:42: error: no matching function for call to ‘MPEG4GenericRTPSink::createNew(UsageEnvironment&, Groupsock*, int)’
> ../liveMedia/include/MPEG4GenericRTPSink.hh:31: note: candidates are: static MPEG4GenericRTPSink* MPEG4GenericRTPSink::createNew(UsageEnvironment&, Groupsock*, u_int8_t, u_int32_t, const char*, const char*, const char*, unsigned int)
> make[1]: *** [testAACAudioStreamer.o] Error 1

Is it not obvious from this error what the problem is?  Obviously, you are not calling "MPEG4GenericRTPSink::createNew()" correctly.  Look at "liveMedia/include/MPEG4GenericRTPSink.hh", and you will see why your call to "MPEG4GenericRTPSink::createNew()" is incorrect.

You need to pass more parameters to "MPEG4GenericRTPSink::createNew()".  Specifically (using the example code in "ADTSAudioFileServerMediaSubsession.cpp":

	MPEG4GenericRTPSink::createNew(envir(), rtpGroupsock, 96, adtsSource->samplingFrequency(), "audio", "AAC-hbr", adtsSource->configStr(), adtsSource->numChannels());

where "adtsSource" is a "ADTSAudioFileSource" that you have previously created by:
	ADTSAudioFileSource* adtsSource = ADTSAudioFileSource::createNew(envir(), inputFileName);