[Live-devel] Unitialized memory in RTPReceptionStats

Ross Finlayson finlayson at live555.com
Fri Apr 5 10:12:36 PDT 2013

> I know you don’t like valgrind tool

I *do* like "valgrind".  The problem with it, however, is that it frequently reports 'errors' that aren't really errors.

Therefore, I generally don't pay attention when people send me "valgrind" reports, unless they can also note a specific problem in the code that is causing these reports to be generated.  But fortunately you have done this.

> A way to fix this is to initialize
> void RTPReceptionStats::init(u_int32_t SSRC) {
>   fSSRC = SSRC;
>   fTotNumPacketsReceived = 0;
>   fTotBytesReceived_hi = fTotBytesReceived_lo = 0;
> +  fBaseExtSeqNumReceived = 0;
> +  fHighestExtSeqNumReceived = 0;
>   fHaveSeenInitialSequenceNumber = False;

This will be fixed in the next release of the code (later today).  Thanks for the report.