[Live-devel] openRTSP-captured mp4 broken

Ross Finlayson finlayson at live555.com
Thu Apr 11 01:57:07 PDT 2013

> Am I correct to think that openRTSP should transcode the raw streams correctly using the -4 option?

In principle, yes (except that our code doesn't do any "transcoding"; it just records already-encoded data).  However, this is difficult to do well, because the ".mp4" file format is ill-suited for what we are trying to do here: Record a file that properly represents incoming audio and video frames that are time-stamped.  But undoubtedly this is one part of our code that could be improved.

But if you're interested in trying to improve this, the code to look at is our implementation of the "QuickTimeFileSink" class - i.e., "liveMedia/QuickTimeFileSink.cpp".