[Live-devel] Feature Requests

Jeff Shanab jshanab at smartwire.com
Sun Apr 21 08:54:58 PDT 2013

I am more than a few lists and can't remember for sure, but was it this list that asked about possible feature requests after the usage survey?

At the time I couldn't think of any, but todays update reminded me of one.

First a confession. Every update I modify Boolean.hh. The addition of

  ||  (defined(_MSC_VER) &&  _MSC_VER >= 1400)    // MSVC++ 8.0, Visual Studio 2005 and higher

On line 19 some time ago. always breaks my build. I use boost 1_49 and 1_53 in my projects and that is a template argument so as a #define(text substitution), it breaks my builds.

Funny thing is I am building on windows in Visual Studio 2010!
I don't know what a good solution is, so I have been hesitant to mention this.
   Leave it to the user of the library? or begin namespacing with this little guy?

Ps I tried being first or using the #ifndef wrapper , but that does not work deterministically.
Maybe an #ifdef NEED_LIVE555_BOOLEAN wrapper and let us #define or not?

   Jeff Shanab, Manager-Software Engineering
   D 630.633.4515 | C 630.453.7764 | F 630.633.4815 | jshanab at smartwire.com<mailto:jshanab at smartwire.com>
[MVSSig]

This message and any attachments contain confidential and proprietary information, and may contain privileged information, belonging to one or more affiliates of Windy City Wire Cable & Technology Products, LLC. No privilege is waived by this transmission. Unauthorized use, copying or disclosure of such information is prohibited and may be unlawful. If you receive this message in error, please delete it from your system, destroy any printouts or copies of it, and notify the sender immediately by e-mail or phone.