[Live-devel] Feature Requests

Ross Finlayson finlayson at live555.com
Sun Apr 21 13:23:51 PDT 2013

> First a confession. Every update I modify Boolean.hh. The addition of
>   ||  (defined(_MSC_VER) &&  _MSC_VER >= 1400)    // MSVC++ 8.0, Visual Studio 2005 and higher
>
> On line 19 some time ago. always breaks my build.

I made this change in May 2012 because someone noted that "MSVC++ 8.0, Visual Studio 2005 and higher" defined its own Boolean type - called "bool" - and they wanted to use this as "Boolean" instead of our own definition (as "unsigned char").

So why is this breaking for you.  Do you not have "bool" defined after all?  Do you think I should change the "MSC_VER" test in some way?