[Live-devel] Having trouble implementing a live unicast stream

Robert Smith smith at cognitec.com
Fri Apr 26 08:45:05 PDT 2013

Thanks Ross,

I have made some changes to my architecture and it is working ok now,
although I spent quite a while trying to figure out why the RTPSink
wasn't starting which turned out to be because i forgot to wrap my
source in a Framer when I made the changes; should I have expected to
see error messages when isSourceCompatibleWithUs() failed?

As a side note: I'm having trouble understanding what happens when
DeviceSource triggers it's event trigger..

The trigger calls deliverFrame(), The first line of deliverFrame() is:

if (!isCurrentlyAwaitingData()) return;

and unless I'm mistaken, this is always going to return unless in a call
to getNextFrame().

Does this trigger have other side effects? I'm inclined to remove the
trigger to see if it has any effect but that will have to wait for next
week.

Thanks for the quick reply btw, it made a big difference for me today.

Regards,

Robert Smith.