[Live-devel] Having trouble implementing a live unicast stream

Ross Finlayson finlayson at live555.com
Fri Apr 26 12:11:14 PDT 2013

> As a side note: I'm having trouble understanding what happens when DeviceSource triggers it's event trigger..
>
> The trigger calls deliverFrame(), The first line of deliverFrame() is:
>
> if (!isCurrentlyAwaitingData()) return;
>
> and unless I'm mistaken, this is always going to return unless in a call to getNextFrame().

That's true - except replace "unless in a call to getNextFrame()" with "unless a call to getNextFrame() has happened, but the corresponding frame delivery completion (i.e., the call to "FramedSource::afterGetting()") has not yet happened".

> Does this trigger have other side effects? I'm inclined to remove the trigger to see if it has any effect

If you remove the event trigger (called from another thread), then you won't get any frames delivered if "getNextFrame()" (and thus "doGetNextFrame()") is ever called when there are no new frames available!  That's why you need it!