[Live-devel] Open RTSP and video file splitting...

julien@nomadsystems julien at nomadsystems.com.au
Tue Aug 20 13:06:21 PDT 2013

> I didn't suggest "closing and reopening the RTSP stream".  My
> suggestion was to keep the RTSP stream open, but close just the
> "QuickTimeFileSink" object, then create a new one and call
> "startPlaying()" on it - from the existing source.  This doesn't
> involve any RTSP commands at all.

My bad, I was under the impression that QuickTimeFileSink object
was tightly bound with the RTSP control object.

> It sounds like you're trying to do something that the
> "QuickTimeFileSink" code was never intended to do - namely, detailed
> editing on the output file.
>
> Your best solution then is probably just to record a single file for
> the entire stream, and then later - using some separate tool that's
> intended specifically for editing '.mov'/'.mp4' files - break it apart
> into separate files of whatever length you want.

Fair enough, but unfortunately I cannot record a single file as I need
to be feeding real-time ( actually a delayed stream of .. X seconds )
the Microsoft Expression Encoder.

Last question and I understand this is clearly not something you support
or even appreciate; but what would be the way to do a  QuickTimeFileSink
sink alike class that supports multi-file output handling the way I
need it ?

In any case thanks for all these feedback so far, it's greatly
appreciated.