[Live-devel] Open RTSP and video file splitting...

julien@nomadsystems julien at nomadsystems.com.au
Wed Aug 21 06:55:32 PDT 2013

> If your input stream is H.264 video only (i.e., with no audio), then
> another solution would be to write your own "MediaSink" subclass
> (perhaps similar to the existing "H264VideoFileSink" class) that
> writes a sequence of raw (i.e., elementary stream) H.264 video files.
>  You should be able to easily ensure that each output file begins with
> a 'key frame'.  You could then, concurrently, process each of these
> output raw H.264 video files into '.mov'/'.mp4' files to feed into
> your Microsoft whatever (or just feed the raw H.264 files into your
> Microsoft whatever, if it can handle those).

Much much better, it looks a lot more fluid now..
The trouble I have now is the play speed. It's as if there was no clock
leading the speed of playback and my 30 seconds of video goes as fast
as it can.
I suppose that embedding my stream in an avi/wmv container should fix
this ?

Feels good to see some progress though :)

Thank,
Julien