[Live-devel] RTSP server reclarmation time

Ross Finlayson finlayson at live555.com
Thu Aug 29 02:21:21 PDT 2013

> But the server side was using a reclamation timeout of 5s and the RR are sent with a period computed with a quite complex logic.
> The experience show that the RR are send each about 5-10 seconds.
>
> In RTSPServer the default value is 65 seconds, clearly 5 seconds is too low.
> Is there a particular reason for 65 seconds ?

I don't understand what you're complaining/asking about here.

Yes, a "reclamationTestSeconds" value of 5 (seconds) is ridiculously low.  So, don't set it to such a low value!

And yes, the default value of "reclamationTestSeconds" is 65 seconds.  But so what?  You weren't using the default value.  You said that you were using a value of 5s, for some strange reason...