[Live-devel] Issue in ProxyServerMediaSession

Ross Finlayson finlayson at live555.com
Thu Aug 29 02:44:07 PDT 2013

I think I know what is happening (a "SocketDescriptor" object is getting deleted twice), but unfortunately I don't know why.  (A bug like this was fixed in July, but if you're using a recent version of the code, then it appears that another bug remains.)

Unfortunately, because noone else has reported this, you're probably going to have to track down this bug yourself.

However, you also mentioned the following:

> In verbose enabled, I see lots & lots of following prints:
> “RTCPInstance error: Hit limit when reading incoming packet over TCP. Increase "maxRTCPPacketSize"

This suggests that your back-end servers (i.e., network cameras) may be implemented using our software, but using an old version.  If you upgrade these cameras to use a recent version of our software, then it's possible that they may no longer trigger the bug that you are finding in the proxy server.

Note that if the cameras are using our software, then the camera manufacturer is legally *required* - under the terms of the LGPL - to, upon request, upgrade them to use the latest version of the code, or else tell you how you can do this yourself.

So, you should ask the camera manufacturer(s) to upgrade their software.