[Live-devel] Issue in ProxyServerMediaSession

Subhankar Saha Subhankar_Saha at mindtree.com
Thu Aug 29 04:19:44 PDT 2013

Thank you Ross for you reply.

Unfortunately, we have no control over camera manufacturers. In many cases, we will not even know which camera has been used by users of our software. We can probably request cameras that we test against in-house to upgrade their software - but then, every camera manufacturer will need their own time for testing out new f/w before releasing the same for upgrade. We cannot wait that long.

Moving forward, we need to find a solution to this problem, so we will invest time in tracking where the bug is.

I have two questions in this regard:

(a)    Will it be beneficial to increase socket's 'receive' buffer size in 'createNewRTPSink' for the RTP source? (This used to be done in older version of openRTSP)

(b)   Since network cameras are live source of stream, they may not be "pausable". I think most do not support PAUSE command at all. In such a case, data will continue to come from the back-end server even though there is no downstream clients connected. So instead of sending "PAUSE" to backend server (network camera), can we disconnect the connection and start from beginning (send DESCRIBE, and wait for clients to connect)? If this sounds good, what do we need to change in 'ProxyServerMediaSession' code?

Thank you for your assistance.

Regards,
Subhankar.