[Live-devel] Issue in ProxyServerMediaSession

Ross Finlayson finlayson at live555.com
Thu Aug 29 09:23:37 PDT 2013

> (a)    Will it be beneficial to increase socket’s ‘receive’ buffer size in ‘createNewRTPSink’ for the RTP source?

It might alleviate the problem, but probably wouldn't solve it.  (However, you wouldn't do this in "createNewRTPSink()", because that's used for creating sockets that transmit (to front-end clients).)

> (b)   Since network cameras are live source of stream, they may not be “pausable”. I think most do not support PAUSE command at all.

That's not a problem.  The proxy sends "PAUSE" commands only as a hint.

In any case, I don't have time to speculate back and forth on this mailing list (for free) about this problem.  Right now, because you're the only person encountering this, you're going to have to track it down yourself.  Sorry.