[Live-devel] Liveness times out

Ross Finlayson finlayson at live555.com
Sun Dec 1 22:12:51 PST 2013

> If there are no clients (sessions) connected to the rtsp proxy, would a
> DESCRIBE command keep alive the camera better than an OPTIONS?

No.

> at times the liveness timer exceeds the timeout

That should not happen, because the code computes the timer by choosing a random time in the interval [timeout/2, timeout-1).  (See "ProxyServerMediaSession.cpp", line 338.)  So the timer interval should be at least 1 second less than the 'timeout' interval.  (And I don't see how the event loop could ever be 1 second or more late to handle a timed event.)