[Live-devel] ProxyServer (Quicktime Plugin Causes Crash)

Ross Finlayson finlayson at live555.com
Mon Dec 16 13:08:48 PST 2013

Bob,

Thanks for the report.  It was able to help be find and fix a bug in the RTSP server code.

The problem was that the code was not properly handling pipelined requests (in this case, a "PAUSE" followed by a "TEARDOWN") that were being sent Base64-encoded over a RTSP-over-HTTP connection.  (Also, the second pipelined command ("TEARDOWN") happened to (erroneously) start with a NUL character; we now skip over that.)

I've just installed a new version - 2012.12.16 - that should fix this problem.