[Live-devel] Problems to capture a RTSP

Ross Finlayson finlayson at live555.com
Tue Dec 17 10:23:25 PST 2013

> Dear Sir, I'm having problems to capture a RTSP stream (using API LIVE555) from a camera model ZAVIO F3110 that can be acessed through rtsp://186.215.116.89:554/pro1.
> With the same code I can acess a PELCO camera, but cannot access that ZAVIO.
> With the VLC Player though, I can access the same ZAVIO.
> Can someone help me or give me some kind of hint?

I was able to successfully access this stream using either "openRTSP" or "testRTSPClient".

I suspect, however, that you are trying to access the stream using a client application that is behind a firewall that blocks RTP/UDP packets.  To correct this, either fix your firewall, or request RTP-over-TCP streaming.

See http://www.live555.com/liveMedia/faq.html#openRTSP-empty-files