[Live-devel] openRTSP (File Output / Session Timeout)

Ross Finlayson finlayson at live555.com
Tue Dec 24 02:23:01 PST 2013

> ProxyServer seems to handle reconnect scenarios pretty well. Would your implementation of RTSPClient in ProxyServer be a good model for how to add this functionality for client applications?

It depends upon what client application you have in mind, but I imagine so...

> Have you considered adding file sink and output options to ProxyServer?

No, because it would be unnecessary (and unnecessarily complicate the proxy server code).  Instead, you can simply have a 'file writing' client (such as "openRTSP") connect to the proxy server (or the back-end server).

In any case, the "LIVE555 Proxy Server" project has now concluded, and I'm not planning on making any more changes to it (other than bug fixes) in the future.