[Live-devel] Disconnection after some time

ssingh at neurosoft.in ssingh at neurosoft.in
Sat Dec 28 18:42:13 PST 2013

Hi,

I am using live555 to create a unicast streaming server. I am using VLC
as client to test the server. I observed that after few hours VLC thinks
the connection is dropped and hence stops rendering video and audio. I
debugged it and found that streaming server is sending SR but is not
getting any RR. I tested it with another client and that client also
gets disconnected after some time. If I reinitialize VLC or that client
streaming resumes. I think there is something I am doing wrong in my
server. Normally how does any client keep the connection alive?

Do I need to do something to keep this connection alive.

-Caduceus