[Live-devel] Disconnection after some time

Ross Finlayson finlayson at live555.com
Sun Dec 29 19:49:49 PST 2013

> I am using live555 to create a unicast streaming server. I am using VLC as client to test the server.

That's a mistake.  VLC is not our software (even though it uses our library for its RTSP/RTP client implementation).  Instead, you should first test your server using our own "testRTSPClient" or "openRTSP" client applications.

> I observed that after few hours VLC thinks the connection is dropped and hence stops rendering video and audio. I debugged it and found that streaming server is sending SR but is not getting any RR.

VLC should be sending periodic "RR" packets back to your server.  If, however, you find that "testRTSPClient" and "openRTSP" are working OK, but VLC is not, then the place to report this would be a VLC mailing list - not here.