[Live-devel] Two client sessions to different servermedia sessions

saravanan saravanan.s at fossilshale.com
Sat Feb 2 04:57:32 PST 2013

Hi Ross,

The issue is not just for MJPEG video. I tried to stream H264(640x480) in
"live0" serverMediaSession, and MP4V(640x480) in "live1" serverMediaSession.
But the result is same as MJPEG streaming.  Below are my environment and
observation,

Environment :

.         I am using OnDemandServerMediaSession and created "live0" and
"live1" serverMediasessions

.         I am capturing the video from the device, hence I am setting the
fPresentationTime based on the encoder data. And the fDurationInMicroseconds
to zero.

Observation :

.         I enabled the flag "reuseFirstSource", so I could play any number
of sessions to live0 or live1 without any issues. I could get 25fps. Noticed
~1500kbps bitrate in each client session.

.         But if I try to play live0 and live1 simultaneously, the streaming
frame rate is reduced to 1 or 2 frames. Noticed  only ~20kbps!!!

.         Also noticed that there is no frame loss at client side, but there
is no data from the Live555 server !!!

Any suggestion from your side will be helpful.

Regards,

Saravanan S