[Live-devel] Two client sessions to different servermedia sessions

Ross Finlayson finlayson at live555.com
Sat Feb 2 08:23:03 PST 2013

> Environment :
> ·         I am using OnDemandServerMediaSession and created “live0” and “live1” serverMediasessions
> ·         I am capturing the video from the device, hence I am setting the fPresentationTime based on the encoder data. And the fDurationInMicroseconds to zero.
> Observation :
> ·         I enabled the flag “reuseFirstSource”, so I could play any number of sessions to live0 or live1 without any issues. I could get 25fps. Noticed ~1500kbps bitrate in each client session.
> ·         But if I try to play live0 and live1 simultaneously, the streaming frame rate is reduced to 1 or 2 frames. Noticed  only ~20kbps!!!
> ·         Also noticed that there is no frame loss at client side, but there is no data from the Live555 server !!!
>
> Any suggestion from your side will be helpful.

It appears, then, that there's a problem in the way that you have implemented your 'live input source' class - i.e., the subclass of "FramedSource" that encapsulates your MPEG-4 video encoder.  Your implementation is apparently allowing some encoded MPEG-4 video frames to get dropped if there are two (or more) concurrent input sources.