[Live-devel] where to place media files in CentOS

Ross Finlayson finlayson at live555.com
Tue Feb 5 22:40:46 PST 2013

> I installed the live555MediaServer on CentOS using an rpm and it was successful. But I have no idea where to place the media files for the server.

Put them in the same directory as the "live555MediaServer" application binary.

(However, you should also make sure that you have the latest version of the server - accessible from http://www.live555.com/mediaServer/#downloading )  Linux 'distributions' sometimes contain very old versions of our software.