[Live-devel] where to place media files in CentOS

Akalanka De Silva akalankadesilva at gmail.com
Sat Feb 9 18:51:03 PST 2013

 I downloaded the file (around 1.09MB) in your site from the link you
mentioned and it had no extension. I had no idea whether it was a rpm or a
tar file. How do I install that file? Please help me with it.

Thanks again

On Wed, Feb 6, 2013 at 12:10 PM, Ross Finlayson <finlayson at live555.com>wrote:

> I installed the live555MediaServer on CentOS using an rpm and it was
> successful. But I have no idea where to place the media files for the
> server.
>

> Put them in the same directory as the "live555MediaServer" application
> binary.
>
> (However, you should also make sure that you have the latest version of
> the server - accessible from
> http://www.live555.com/mediaServer/#downloading )  Linux 'distributions'
> sometimes contain very old versions of our software.
>

> Ross Finlayson
> Live Networks, Inc.
> http://www.live555.com/

Akalanka Tharashvin De Silva
Undergraduate
Dept. of Electronic &Telecommunication engineering
University of Moratuwa.
+94716443463

"Success is getting up one more time than you have got knocked down"