[Live-devel] simultaneous access to different sessions

Ross Finlayson finlayson at live555.com
Thu Feb 7 23:00:36 PST 2013

> I have built live555 testOnDemandServer application for my target and testing two different client sessions to two separate sessions “mpeg4ESVideoTest”  and “h264ESVideoTest”. The stream is not smooth and seeing struck and resuming the streaming.  I thought the target resource is not enough to play two simultaneous format and  verified the CPU and memory usage. But the total CPU usage for simultaneous streaming was maximum of 40% and memory usage is less than 10%.

If you are seeing 40% CPU usage while concurrently streaming from two *files* (which is what the "testOnDemandRTSPServer" (sic) application does), then you must have an extremely wimpy CPU.

(If, instead, you are streaming from live, encoded video - rather than from a file - then you are *not* using the "testOnDemandRTSPServer" application; you are using a *modified* version of this application, which we cannot, in general help you with.)