[Live-devel] simultaneous access to different sessions

saravanan saravanan.s at fossilshale.com
Mon Feb 11 20:34:49 PST 2013

Hi Ross,

Yes, exactly you are right.  We are streaming from live, encoded video and
slightly modified the testOnDemandRTSPServer application. We thought of
getting your valuable inputs to understand the issue, if you are OK.

Below are the sequence of operation we are doing to stream MPEG4 and H264
videos simultaneously,

.         Start the MPEG4 video streaming from VLC through
"mpeg4ESVideoTest" session, its working fine.

.         Stop the MPEG4 video streaming

.         Start the H264 video streaming from VLC through "h264ESVideoTest"
session, its working fine.

.         Stop the H264 video streaming

.         Start the MPEG4 video streaming again, working fine  and see 25fps

.         Start the H264 video streaming ,

.         Both H264 & MPEG4 streaming  happens and could get 25fps for ~15
seconds, and noticed doGetNextFrame() function of MPEG4 and H264 source are
getting called alternatively.

.         After 15 seconds,  doGetNextFrame () of H264 getting called 4-5
times continuously and then doGetNextFrame() of MPEG4 got called. At this
point of time the problem starts and both the streams are getting struck and
reduced to 1 or 2 fps!!!

.         If we close any one session then other session resumed well and
could get normal streaming of 25 fps.

.         We completely gone through the FramedSource and MultiFramedRTPSink
source flow but could not understand what could be wrong.

Hoping to get your suggestions.

Regards,

Saravanan S