[Live-devel] Where can I trap and debug response to signalNewFrameData() ?

temp2010 at forren.org temp2010 at forren.org
Fri Feb 15 13:46:11 PST 2013

I've successfully cobbled some things together in the past, but in doing it
again this time it's not working.

I come to the point of wanting to trace the action that happens in response
to DeviceSource.cpp's signalNewFrameData() .

In detail, signalNewFrameData() does
this: ourScheduler->triggerEvent(DeviceSource::eventTriggerId, ourDevice);
and I want to set a breakpoint elsewhere in 555 to see this event getting
handled.

Perhaps you need more info to answer the question...

More correctly, I have derived my own source from DeviceSource.cpp and so
it's no longer DeviceSource.cpp but MF_H264_DeviceSource.cpp, no
longer DeviceSource but MF_H264_DeviceSource.  I'm creating frames from
somewhere else and then calling MF_H264_DeviceSource.cpp's
signalNewFrameData().  My successful cobble in the past was derived
from H264VideoDeviceStreamer.cpp and it worked.  My frames got created, I
called signalNewFrameData(), and magically the video went out IP and I
viewed it using VLC.  I'm pretty sure this was multicast.  Now I'm trying
to reproduce my cobble, but for unicast and derived
from SPIIROnDemandRTSPServer.cpp instead.  Exactly as before, my frames get
created and I call signalNewFrameData(), but then no frames are coming out
IP.  With all this cobbling, I'm not sure I have all the lose ends
reconnected.  Therefore, I'm interested in setting a breakpoint deep inside
Live555 somewhere.  I'll run my successful cobble first, see that I call
signalNewFrameData(), and then stop on a breakpoint somewhere in response
to that, where this new frame data is handled and sent out IP.  After that,
I'll run my new unsuccessful cobble, see that I call signalNewFrameData(),
and then see if I hit the breakpoint or not.  If I do hit the breakpoint,
I'll follow down through to see if I can find the problem.  If I don't hit
the breakpoint, I'll be alerted to the fact that I must not have something
connected.

One other thing, both H264VideoDeviceStreamer.cpp and
SPIIROnDemandRTSPServer.cpp use a ByteStreamFileSource.  In both cases I've
replaced that with my MF_H264_DeviceSource.  As mentioned before, this
worked for the first cobble H264VideoDeviceStreamer() but not the current
cobble (SPIIROnDemandRTSPServer).

Your help and advice is greatly appreciated.