[Live-devel] Where can I trap and debug response to signalNewFrameData() ?

Ross Finlayson finlayson at live555.com
Fri Feb 15 15:43:16 PST 2013

> Now I'm trying to reproduce my cobble, but for unicast and derived from SPIIROnDemandRTSPServer.cpp instead.  Exactly as before, my frames get created and I call signalNewFrameData(), but then no frames are coming out IP.  With all this cobbling, I'm not sure I have all the lose ends reconnected.  Therefore, I'm interested in setting a breakpoint deep inside Live555 somewhere.

No, you shouldn't be setting breakpoints 'deep inside LIVE555', because that code is working just fine, and it's code that you're unfamiliar with.  Instead, you should be setting breakpoints in *your own* code.  Specifically, you should be setting a breakpoint in your "deliverFrame0()" function - i.e., in the function that you passed as a parameter to the "createEventTrigger()" call.  That function is the function that should be getting called after each event is triggered.

Don't forget, of course, that all of this happens within the LIVE555 event loop, so don't forget to call "doEventLoop()" in your application to start the event loop running.

> One other thing, both H264VideoDeviceStreamer.cpp and SPIIROnDemandRTSPServer.cpp use a ByteStreamFileSource.  In both cases I've replaced that with my MF_H264_DeviceSource.

OK, but don't forget that - because your "MF_H264_DeviceSource" code (presumably) delivers discrete H.264 NAL units - you must feed this into a "H264VideoStreamDiscreteFramer", *not* a "H264VideoStreamFramer" (as was used when the input was a byte stream).  Also, the H.264 NAL units that come out of your "MF_H264_DeviceSource" code *must not* include a preceding 'start code' (i.e., must not start with 0x00 0x00 0x00 0x01).