[Live-devel] For raw H.264, live device source horribly ragged while byte stream file source beautiful

temp2010 at forren.org temp2010 at forren.org
Wed Feb 20 08:22:42 PST 2013

FYI, I've re-enabled tracing in H264VideoStreamParser::parse(), and am
comparing the working ByteStreamFileSource to the
failing MF_H264_DeviceSource, of essentially the same stream.  So far I
find that the working ByteStreamFileSource is causing the parse to update
the presentation time every eight (8) NAL units, due to "(frame_num differs
in value)".  However, the failing MF_H264_DeviceSource is causing the parse
to update the presentation time only every 64 (one example) NAL units.
 Thus I think it's squeezing presentation time so much it can't be rendered
properly.  So I'm trying to figure out where frame_num comes from and how
my live send of the same stream might be messed up...

Another other advice is greatly appreciated.