[Live-devel] setting rtpTime return by the RTSP PLAY

Ross Finlayson finlayson at live555.com
Tue Feb 26 07:03:53 PST 2013

> I am trying to see how to propagate a timestamp between an RTSP server and a RTSP client.

Your question makes no sense, because the things that get 'propagated' from servers to clients are *presentation times*.  (RTP timestamps are used only internally, by the RTP/RTCP protocol, as a mechanism for conveying presentation times from servers to clients.  Our software automatically converts presentation times to RTP timestamps (at the server end) and RTP timestamps to presentation times (at the client end); application code (server or client) never needs to set or see RTP timestamp values.)