[Live-devel] MultiFramedRTPSource storage question

Ross Finlayson finlayson at live555.com
Wed Feb 27 03:21:04 PST 2013

> Per my understanding, In function MultiFramedRTPSource::networkReadHandler1(), Live555 will create BufferedPacket and store them to fReorderingBuffer. These BufferedPackets are consumed by calling doGetNextFrame1(). I discovered that once, for any reason, the stored BufferedPackets are piled up, but the number of these packets will never get lower. I just wander is it normal?

Yes, but note that this happens only when there's network packet loss, and - in any case - the length of this queue is bounded by the 'reordering threshold time' (default value: 100ms).  It's there to compensate for possibly out-of-order packets.  You shouldn't be concerning yourself with this at all.