[Live-devel] MultiFramedRTPSource storage question

Lan Zang zanglan at yahoo.com
Tue Feb 26 01:17:08 PST 2013

Hi,

Per my understanding, In function MultiFramedRTPSource::networkReadHandler1(), Live555 will create BufferedPacket and store them to fReorderingBuffer. These BufferedPackets are consumed by calling doGetNextFrame1(). I discovered that once, for any reason, the stored BufferedPackets are piled up, but the number of these packets will never get lower. I just wander is it normal? Since this is could be a live broadcast, and this will bring delays.

Finally, if the RTP source stops, the stored packets will eventually consumed anyway.

Regards,
Lan Zang(Sander)