[Live-devel] RTSPServer Access Control Change Request

Chris Richardson (WTI) chris at gotowti.com
Fri Jan 4 11:35:39 PST 2013

Hi Ross,

First, thanks for incorporating my previous fix to RTSPServer so quickly,
and sorry to send another change request so soon.

I would like to propose an additional virtual function to be added to
RTSPServer: specialClientUserAccessCheck.  This function would allow an
RTSPServer subclass to easily perform user-specific access checks on
individual streams, after performing normal digest authentication.  Note
that this function would only be used to further restrict access to a given
stream, not to gain any additional access that was not already present.

The attached patch shows the requested changes, which I hope you will
accept.  If you do not like the idea or would like me to restructure it
please let me know.

Thanks,

Chris Richardson

WTI